Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program
We are a State Licensed Substance Abuse Program and we offer outpatient treatment services for substance abuse. Our program is designed for clients who are struggling with addiction and mental health issues. It provides a comfortable, safe setting where clients can learn greater insight, interpersonal skills, and coping methods to help them in their journey towards recovery. Our program covers the following areas of treatment, with additional specialized care to address the unique needs of each client.
- Learning thinking errors and how to change them
- Increasing motivation to change
- Utilizing a Higher Source to help with recovery
- Developing coping skills
- Learning to express your feelings and needs
- Learning healthy boundaries
- Learning how to manage stress
- Developing interpersonal relationships
- Managing anger
To Schedule a Court-Ordered Substance Abuse Evaluation:
- Obtain a copy of the following:
- Your court order/referral
- Police report from the incidence
- BCI Background Check (see below)
- Call (801) 302- 3801 to set up an account and complete additional paperwork online
- After all of your paperwork is complete and we receive all necessary documents, you can call and set up an appointment for your evaluation
- Come to your appointment and be prepared to pay for the evaluation up-front. The cost is $150.00 and insurance companies do not cover treatment related to domestic violence
BCI office Bureau of Criminal Identification located at 3888 West 5400 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84129
Phone: (801) 965-4445 Fax: (801) 965-4749
Cost: $15.00 – Mail in a request, with an online form, to BCI.
Go to http://bci.utah.gov/criminal-records/ for forms.
DUI Education and Treatment Services – PRIME FOR LIFE
Prime for Life is an evidence based alcohol and drug program for people of all ages. It is designed to help challenge the beliefs and attitudes that contribute to high-risk alcohol and drug use. Prime for Life is a 16 hour program that is taught at 4 hour increments. The cost for the class and workbook is $275.00. Payment will be due at time of class registration and is non-refundable. Please call our office to get signed up for the next class.
We provide a comprehensive face-to-face assessment and clinical evaluation to determine what assistance a DOT employee needs in resolving problems associated with drug and alcohol abuse. In general, an initial evaluation can be scheduled within 3 business days. To review the regulations set for by the Department of Transportation regarding SAP evaluations please go to: http://www.dot.gov/ost/dapc/index.html
Our mission at South Point Counseling Services is to provide a comprehensive treatment that addresses the whole person. We provide education, support, and therapy to help our clients achieve their full potential. We believe that we have a permanent responsibility to our clients and provide them an ongoing after care support.
We are licensed by the State of Utah and are members of the National Association of Addiction Professionals. We provide many different insurance options, including Medicaid and Medicare. We serve the Greater Salt Lake area.